BBQ Pineapple dessert
A must-try this summer!
I like to put the dessert on as soon as we start eating because by the time you are finished eating, dessert is ready and all you can smell is this wonderful, warm pineapple, maple and butter aroma… yummy!
- Whole pineapple
- Maple syrup
- Grand marnier or drambue or rum (or all of them if feeling creative)
- Vanilla ice cream
Helpful tip: Prep your dessert before dinner so it is all ready to go on the grill before you sit down to eat.
1. Cut your pineapple into wedges then cut the fruit away from the skin about 3/4 of the way so a small bit is still attached to the fruit. This way the pineapple won’t slide off the skin.
2. On a sheet of foil, place the fruit skin down. It helps to make a bit of a boat shape out of your foil so you won’t spill the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour some syrup, rum (or booze of choice) and a 1/2 teaspoon of butter onto the pineapple.
4. Once satisfied, fold up the tin foil to cover and trap all the ingredients inside the foil.
5. Set your BBQ to a low temperature and place your boat shaped foil packages on the grill, with pineapple skin down and close BBQ lid. Let warm and sit while you enjoy your entree.
6. Once you are finished your entree and ready for dessert, remove from heat and remove the pineapple slices from the foil and serve on a dish.
Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream.