Mushroom Soup “REMIX”
Due to the popularity of this recipe, we have tweaked it a bit (Thanks Bill) and posted it again. MMM… Mushroom soup is definitely a comfort food.
Recipe – Mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 pound Portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt or to taste.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Trim stems but leave whole. Chop the mushroom caps.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, then add the onion and celery as well as the garlic. Cook gently over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and have no color. Increase heat, add mushrooms and stems while stirring constantly. When the mixture begins to stick to the pan, add the wine and the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the thyme and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until the mushrooms are very soft.
- Add the milk, reheat and serve. Makes 8 cups.